These are the taxicab rates for the City of Frederick, Maryland as of June 7, 2012 and are set by the City of Frederick. By law, all of Frederick City’s taxicabs must use meters. You can use this chart to estimate your fare. Please note that route disturbances, traffic, or inclement weather may alter your estimate.
$2.80 start rate.
$0.10 price increase per every 1/19 of a mile.
$0.10 price increase per every 15 seconds under 15 M.P.H.
$4.70 for the first mile.
$1.90 for every mile after that, broken down into 19
increases of $0.10 each.
- Drivers are not required to provide change above:
A. $5.00 in corporate limits.
B. $20.00 outside corporate limits.
- All fare are for a single rider; any additional riders that originate and terminate their trip at the same points will be charged an additional $1.50 per additional rider.
- Children under the age of 2 years ride free with paid rider.
- $1.00 to open trunk.
- Each taxicab shall display prominently in the passenger section a copy of taxicab rates.
- At the termination of each trip, a receipt shall be rendered to any passenger who requests one.
- A taxicab operator may double the fare charged for travel outside Frederick’s corporate limits whenever a snow emergency has been declared by the county or the state police, and may charge an additional ($3.00) for any trip within the corporate limits whenever a snow emergency has been declared.
- $0.50 surcharge from 12 A.M. to 4 A.M. for all fares.
- Passengers shall pay what is the fare display of the taxicab meter plus any applicable charges listed above.
- Any tips or gratuities paid shall be at the sole discretion of the passenger.
***ATTENTION TAXICAB PASSENGERS***
Rates are set by the City of Frederick, Maryland.
Waiting time is calculated at $24.00 per hour.
Yellow Cab will not be responsible for any items left in vehicle.
Please check before exiting.